Standard 5'X8' Bathroom Remodel
Average Job Cost: $19,000 - $28,000
A guest bathroom remodel may include:
- Upgrading bathtub or shower
- Updating faucets, flooring and lighting
- Installing new tile in tub or shower
- Installing a new vanity
- Freshly painted walls and/or new wallpaper
Master Bathroom Remodel
Average Job Cost: $35,000 & Up
A master bathroom remodel may include:
- Installing new cabinets/possibly adding a double vanity
- Replacing faucets
- Installing a frameless glass shower enclosure and/or a soaking tub
- Adding a recessed shower caddy
- Upgrading floor tile and wall tile for shower
- New lighting, mirror and fixtures
Features That May Affect Cost
When planning your project, it’s important to consider factors that can impact the overall cost. Here are common features that many homeowners consider:
- Bathtubs: Size and style of the tub will impact price. For example, installation of a freestanding bathtub may incur additional plumbing costs.
- Cabinets and Vanities: Pricing varies, with stock vanity options being the most cost-effective. Size, top style, cabinetry and material used will impact cost. Custom cabinetry may be ideal in small spaces or luxury master bathrooms.
- Countertops: Materials will play a large role in renovation cost. While stone is stylish and durable, it costs more than other options. Prefabricated countertops work in many spaces and help to keep costs down.
- Faucet: Price will vary depending on manufacturer, style and material used.
- Sink: Pedestal sinks, drop-in sinks and designer styles all vary in cost. Typically, drop-in sinks are an affordable option available in an array of styles.
- Toilet: Replacing an outdated toilet is simple and cost effective. Basic and luxury models can vary in price, but installation costs are generally low.
- Wall and Floor Tile: Ceramic, porcelain and natural stone are popular picks for floor tile in bathrooms. Materials will be the deciding factor here, but natural stone often costs more to install because it is difficult to cut and place. From natural stone and classic ceramic to glass and mosaic styles that mimic natural materials, wall tile options vary.
- Grab Bars
- Steam Unit
- Towel Bars
- Walk-in Tubs
- Geography: Where you live may impact the cost of your bathroom renovation. Difficult tasks like installing a large soaking tub on the second floor may also mean slightly higher labor charges because of the difficulty of the work.
- Permits: Major bathroom renovations may require permits depending on where you live. These permits are typically inexpensive, but they can add to your overall bathroom renovation cost.
- Addition, disposal or replacement of materials: Removing old flooring, adding a new tub or replacing shower tile are just a few examples of how you might incur these costs. These costs are typically built into your labor price when you receive a quote.
- Water damage repairs: We can help you repair water damage from leaks in your bathroom. These costs may be outlined or included as part of the job depending on the extent of the damage.